• Do you just want to get on and work on bikes and not constantly bothered by the phone or customers?
• Are you or do you aspire to be a Cytech 3 & Shimano Service Centre Accredited mechanic, receiving the most up to date training?
• Do you want to work with a great team with great opportunities to further your career?
havebike are currently looking for experienced workshop-based bicycle technicians / mechanics who are willing and able to uphold our reputation for excellence, professionalism and fairness in the workplace – whilst delivering outstanding service: first time, every time. That’s why our customers have rated us ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot.
What you’ll get up to as a Senior Bicycle Technician / Mechanic
• Servicing, repairing and maintaining all types of bicycles (road, MTB, electric, kids, cargo, etc.)
• Working with the workshop supervisor to organise and plan your day based on the return date for each bicycle
• Carrying out a full assessment/inspection of each bicycle before commencing any work
• Ordering stock and parts online using our trade accounts
• Filling out paperwork for each bicycle in a clear, professional and legible manner
• Quality Checking bicycles before delivery to the customer
• Helping out on fleet bicycles and at events when needed (including the emergency services)
• Ensuring that your workstation, tools, toolboxes, repair stands, work benches and all other equipment are properly maintained and in full working order
• Ensuring the workshop is clean, tidy and safe at all times
• Developing and maintaining full knowledge of all products, accessories and, within reason, prices within the havebike range
• Promoting the professional image of havebike and ensuring that customer satisfaction standards are achieved and maintained.
What we look for in a Bicycle Technician / Mechanic
• A passion for cycling and delivering great customer service
• You must have the right to live and take up employment in the UK
• Cytech 2/3 (or equivalent)
• 3+ years’ experience working in a bicycle workshop
• Be able to deliver on all aspects of bicycle servicing, maintenance and repair
• Have relevant experience of carrying out bicycle builds and pre-delivery inspection of new bicycles
• Be highly organised
• Be able to work independently and as part of a team
• Prioritise safety in the workplace
• Have a great work ethic
• Strive to put the customer first
A driving licence is desirable but not essential.
What havebike is all about
havebike is a dynamic, growing and ambitious company with an impressive list of customers. We are currently in high growth mode, expanding across London and the Home Counties with further growth planned throughout the UK.
Working in our workshop means you will get to work on a range of bikes including high end road bikes and mountain bikes, electronic gearing systems, ebikes as well as commuter bikes and Bromptons.
We are also trusted to service the bicycles of the Police, Ambulance and fire services and have worked with large hire fleets including Santander and Mobike.
havebike believes in recruiting staff with a real love for cycling and who want to help customers to also love cycling, regardless of what they ride. Our team are trained to the highest level on all bicycles with certifications including Cytech, City & Guilds, Bosch E-bike, Brompton and Shimano. We are an accredited Shimano Service Centre.
There are regular opportunities for our staff to attend training and development courses, including attendance at the Shimano Training Centre.
Further job details
• Immediate start
• Full-time position
• Competitive salary (£25-£30k dependant on experience)
• Joining bonus of £500 (paid on successful completion of probationary period)
• Potential for progression in a rapidly growing, exciting company
• Cytech 3 Training Offered
• Benefits package (including ability to purchase bicycles and accessories at trade price, and regular team drinks, rides and lunches)
• Comprehensive uniform provided.
havebike is committed to a recruitment process that actively encourages people from all communities to apply for posts. All we ask is that you have the skills required and the right to live and work in the UK.
If you are interested in this role, please email your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com