At Balfe’s it’s all about people. And bikes! It’s the passion, energy and enthusiasm of all of our colleagues throughout the business, which makes Balfe’s a great place to work.
You’ll be joining a growing company, stocking the world’s best cycling brands with a commitment to giving customers an amazing experience.
We are recruiting in Fulham, Dulwich, Chiswick & Notting Hill for Bike Builders.
Bike Builders are responsible for assembling and tuning new bikes to a high standard of
quality and with high productivity. Reporting to the Workshop Manager these are a list of some of the
responsibilities carried out on a daily, weekly basis:
· Dealing with boxes bikes on a daily basis, unpacking, storing and adequately dealing with cardboard waste and recycling.
· Keep presentation of workshop to Balfe’s high standards which includes merchandising and daily cleaning schedules.
· Being on had to senior mechanics to assist with small repairs for customers (including but not limited to puncture repairs, break and gear adjustments and accessory fitting.)
· Knowledge of POS systems, to be able to contact customers to arrange bike collections, via email SMS or phone.
· To keep up to date knowledgeable of all the brands that Balfe’s Bikes carries and offers, through training and development on products, both online and in class training.
· Confidently build all bikes that Balfe’s has to offer online and in store e.g., children’s bike, road bikes, mountain bikes, and e-bikes o professional standards, following all company processes.
· Work in a safe and efficient manner and adhere to all Company policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety.
· Our Bike Builders are required to follow company training plans which are provided in house and on behalf of our suppliers.
· Understand the technical aspects of the products they fit and fix in relation to how they are compatible with the objects they are designed to fit to.
· Other duties may be assigned.
· Ideally Cytech 1 qualification or be prepared to work towards this internally.
· Brand specific training.
· Experience as a bicycle builder or bicycle mechanic is preferred, but we will train.
· Excellent reliability. Proven experience showing up for workday after day, on time.
· Good communication skills. Demonstrate that you are able to follow instructions in English, verbally and in writing. Demonstrate that you are able to provide work progress status information when asked.
· Ability to work closely with other Builders from a variety of backgrounds.
· Ability to concentrate on work all day. This job requires on occasions from 8 and up to 9.5 solid hours of attention to productivity and quality.
· You must have the ability to stand and work at an assembly stand for up to 8 hours a day. You must have the ability to lift up to 25kg+ at head high.
· Enthusiasm for bicycles and riding is preferred.
Joining Balfe’s means you’ll be working with like-minded people and you will have opportunities to develop your skills and experience, and plenty of career progression if you want it.
· We are an accredited Living Wage Employer
· No zero hours contracts
· 28 days annual holiday
· Cycle to Work scheme
· Trade discount Apply with your cv to email@example.com