ASSOS of Switzerland was founded 1976 with the mission of bringing cutting edge engineering to the world of performance cycling clothing. Through its recurring innovations, ASSOS maintains the leading position within technical bicycle apparel today.
Headquartered in Lugano, Switzerland, and featuring in the pro peloton, ASSOS enjoys a loyal and growing following among cyclists around the world. (For further information go to: www.assos.com)
Do you have a PR and Marketing background? Are you able to connect people with outstanding products? Do you have a proven track record for achieving goals? Are you interested in cycling or sports?
ASSOS is growing rapidly in the UK and Ireland, and an opportunity has arisen for a Marketing & PR Executive to join our young and dynamic team based in the London area at the UK ASSOS Sales & Brand Office.
The ideal candidate will be a driven individual with a high level of attention to detail, strong on strategy with the ability to plan and execute budgets, time and manage the media.
Reporting to the UK Managing Director, you will join a multinational company where you will be responsible for the following:
- Media liaison – editorial product placement for ASSOS products within (but not limited to) the cycling media targeting the cycling trade and the end consumer
- Identifying advertising opportunities, collaborating in the creation of collateral, buying advertising space and managing the relationships with the media
- Liaising with the ASSOS dealer network in the UK and Ireland to offer marketing support including organising in store events, visual branding for ASSOS within the stores, gathering product feedback, and running in store promotions etc.
- Collaborating in the creation of promotional marketing materials ranging from leaflets to event POS to support the above
- Working with the UK & Ireland Managing Director and ASSOS Europe to build and execute a yearly marketing plan within the allotted budget
- Organising and attending press trips, events, trade / consumer shows, bike rides etc.
- Suggesting and executing ad-hoc initiatives with the sales network and media to encourage sales within our dealer network
- Identifying and managing ASSOS UK ambassadors
- Copywriting and proof reading
- Recognising and establishing relationships with relevant partners within the UK cycling scene
- Working closely with ASSOS London store manager and team to execute marketing activity for the Regent Street Boutique
- Monitoring ASSOS London social media networks and assisting the social media executive by posting on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter as required
- Regular liaison with ASSOS HQ regarding marketing activity and sending through UK specific news to be updated on ASSOS central social media networks
- Occasional weekend work and occasional travel required to our European and International Head Quarters.
Educated to degree level or similar, you will have/be:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a marketing or PR environment
- An excellent communicator you are highly organized and possess strong prioritization skills
- The ability to work both independently and within a team environment is a must
- Self-motivated, highly flexible, and possessing the ability to work well under pressure in a demanding environment
- Must be willing to work a varied flexible schedule and willing to work the occasional weekend
- A strong curiosity about the cycling industry and the ASSOS brand a definite bonus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel). Excellent computer skills
- Full driving license
- Positive spirit with a passion for cycling and outdoor sports is a plus!
With a salary starting at £27,000 per year + benefits (which will increase depending on previous experience), we offer a competitive benefit package and a challenging and fun work environment. This position offers the ideal candidate a chance to shine.
If you are interested in this role, or wish to hear more about opportunities at ASSOS please send a full cover letter and CV via the apply button below: