Bikes For Good Causes is a social enterprise, based in Wood Green, north London. We sell pre- loved, donated bikes which have been fully repaired and serviced at very reasonable prices. We also offer a full cycle repair service and sell a variety of accessories and spare parts.
We are also a community coffee shop selling hot beverages and snacks.
We work in partnership with My_AFK, a registered national charity who support young people with learning disabilities and provide work placements in our coffee shop for young people to gain invaluable work skills.
We have an opportunity for a full- time bike mechanic to join the team our small team.
The role involves carrying out bike repairs (from a puncture repair to a full bike build)as well as restoring pre- loved donated bikes, making them safe to ride and in as good working order as possible.
Day to day duties include:
- Carrying out bike servicing and repairs as required
- Providing customers with quotes for bike repairs
- Diagnosing mechanical issues on bikes and discussing solution with customers
- Working on pre- loved bikes to make them ready for sale in the shop
Essential skills and knowledge include
- Excellent in customer service
- Attention to detail and ability to act on your own initiative
- Self- motivated and pride in your work
- Ability to use, repair and maintain machines and tools
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
Cytech 2 or equivalent qualification is preferable but experience of carrying out bike repairs such as replacing an inner tube, tuning gears, brakes and replacing brake pads and cables is essential as well as a passion for bikes!
Salary range £20k - £23k DOE, 5 days a week, 28 days holiday per annum, free uniform provided. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter. Applications for job sharing and part time working are also welcome.