The fleet maintenance manager is responsible for the maintenance and availability of a new fleet of 600 delivery bikes spread over 3 central London hubs. This is a hands on role and the successful candidate would be expected to lead by example and work on the bikes themselves as well as managing a team of up to 5 mechanics. It is expected that over time the fleet will further expand both in quantity and number of locations.
• Overall maintenance and availability of a fleet of 600 bikes
• Team management and recruitment including staff deployment and rota maintenance
• Use of online record keeping and documentation system
• Development and documentation of procedures and systems
• Stock management.
• Decision making, prioritising, fault-finding and resolution
• Liaising with clients / key stakeholders / management / other third parties.
• We are looking for a flexible, forward thinking, team leader who can set the standard and motivate others.
• You need to be mechanically minded and equally happy on the spanners or a spreadsheet.
• The use of IT is integral to the successful operation of the scheme and as such being comfortable using a computer and learning new applications / software is essential.
• Able to stay calm and positive under pressure when needed.
• A passion for cycling would be a real plus.
Skills / Experience
• Previous experience managing small teams.
• Technical background
• Experience with bike maintenance would be an advantage
• Project management and delivery
• £28k+ per annum starting salary (depending on experience)
• Statutory Holiday and benefits
• Opportunity to join a dynamic expanding operation with exciting prospects.
Responsible to: Operations Director
Next steps: If you have any queries or to apply for the role please email your CV and a covering letter/email to email@example.com