Trisports, located in the centre of Letchworth Garden City, are a successful, solidly established, independent bicycle and triathlon retailer, known for our experienced and enthusiastic personal customer service.
All staff work four week days and every Saturday.
We have a dedicated high quality, professional cycle workshop that has built up a strong reputation for customer service, skilful repairs and quality workmanship.
All our team members are long serving at Trisports. So it is rare that positions become available. With this in mind, we are looking for a solid team player who is seeking stability as a bicycle technician / mechanic within our team.
The full time technician would ideally be Cytech qualified to a minimum of Level 2, though you may not be in the cycle industry at the present time but have a good mechanical knowledge of bicycles and a strong enthusiasm for cycling / triathlon.
Is this you?
- Do you have a mature nature with a good organisational ability; inter personal skills while being self motivated and able to motivate others?
- Can you work swiftly, calmly and tidily within time frames whilst dealing with additional workshop enquires?
- Are you able to produce consistent quality work from a humble inner tube replacement to a full strip down service on a dual suspension hydraulic disc bike?
- Can you to demonstrate the skills you posses, rather than the qualifications you have on paper?
- Do you have a keen interest and enjoyment in mechanics and new technical innovations?
- Are you comfortable conversing with customers, punctual and tidy of appearance?
The salary is competitive and negotiable subject to experience and qualifications.
There will be potential for growth within the position along with long term prospects to develop your skills and knowledge and the chance of certification courses.
28 days holiday per year that include bank holidays.
We like our team to feel good about working for us by providing a substantial staff discount scheme. (Subject to a 3 month trial period).
You will work an average of 41 hours per week including lunch break. At various times in the year overtime will be available. Being retail, some flexibility is required, when closing the shop at the end of the day.
If you are interested in joining our team please email your CV and covering letter to us via the apply now button below.