Nextbike Coordinator and Mechanic/cycle distributor
Salary: £20495 per year pro rata initially up to 22.5 hours per week, based on 37.5 hours a week (£10.51 per hour)
(Hours may be increased/decreased as required & by agreement)
Responsible to: BikeAbility Wales manager & trustees
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
To coordinate all aspects of Swansea’s nextbike scheme and its associated staff, including:
· Liaise with nextbike central staff & Swansea University in all aspects of running the scheme & its processes as required.
· Use nextbike ICT system, including use of a database, Google Drive and mobile phone Apps.
· Ensure that bikes are maintained and redistributed.
· Ensure that stock levels are recorded
· Support redistribution activity when required.
· Report to BikeAbility Wales staff and trustees
· Work includes Saturdays.
To work with all aspects of nextbike maintenance and redistribution, including:
· Undertake regular servicing of all nextbikes, update records and ensure bikes are safe and fit for public use
· Use nextbike ICT system, including use of a database and mobile phone Apps.
· Maintain next bike onboard computers
· Flag all vandalised bikes and damaged bikes
· Flag bikes that require replacement
· Support charging system for bikes
· Support the daily redistribution of bikes, station inspections and bike charging
· Providing information for customers when approached
· Ability to maintain bikes and undertake mechanic activity
· Excellent ICT skills
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to develop relationships & partnerships with other organisations
· Excellent organisational skills
· Ability to manage conflicting workloads
· Ability to ride a cargo e-bike / Drive a long wheelbase vehicle
· Ability to cycle to locations across the city (adaptive and two-wheel bikes can be provided)
· Good understanding of Swansea’s geography
· Ability to use new ICT systems
· Liaising with other organisations
· Managing staff members
· Stock management
· Working with people with of all abilities
· Any recognised mechanic qualification
· GCSE level education
· ICT qualification
· Friendly, reliable, trustworthy and honest
· Team player
· Ability to work under pressure and stress
· Ability to complete tasks to a high standard
· Good interpersonal skills
· Ability to use initiative
· Tidy and organised person
· Understand relevant equal opportunities issues
BikeAbility Wales Nextbike coordinator / mechanic/cycle distributor
BikeAbility Wales is looking for a new member of staff to coordinate Swansea’s bike share scheme (Santander Cycles/nextbike).
This is a fantastic opportunity to take on a challenging, active and varied job in a dynamic environment working with a friendly team, based in central Swansea.
Full training will be provided, and we encourage you to apply even if you do not have all the experience listed below.
Hours may increase as the scheme develops.
In addition we would like to offer the opportunity to the right candidate to work with us at our all-ability cycling site in Dunvant; if you are suitable this would result in additional hours.
Deadline for application Friday 24th July 2020 with interviews in the week commencing 3rd August.
Contact Mike Cherry Tel: 07968109145
Equal opportunities statement
BikeAbility Wales is committed to being an equal opportunities organisation. It is committed to promoting equal opportunities and preventing discrimination. This policy applies both to service delivery and to its own employment practices. You will be willing and able to demonstrate commitment to BikeAbility Wales Equal Opportunities Policy