Building a family of brands for the world to love, generation after generation
Pentland is the name behind some of the world’s loved footwear and active brands. Our brands are there in the moments that matter, and being there for more people in more of those moments drives everything we do.
Our owned brands include Berghaus, Speedo, Canterbury of New Zealand, Mitre, Boxfresh, Ellesse, KangaROOS and Red or Dead.
As a family business, we believe every individual has the power to help shape our future. We have been recognised as one of the best workplaces in the UK and Europe. Our global HQ is in the UK and we employ over 1,500 people across 20 countries around the world.
Your potential is our potential and together we can build and grow brands that last.
The Endura brand, established in 1993, has been synonymous with inventive, bulletproof kit that relishes the stresses that any kind of biking subjects it to. From Mountain to Road, Urban Commute to Triathlon they are #AllTribesOneClan, with a philosophy of Renegade Progress which defies convention and embraces the radical to create game-changing products.
From the first protos made on a kitchen table in Edinburgh, Endura has evolved into an admired global brand with a rack of game-changing and award-winning products.
Endura supports an impressive roster of world class athletes including Movistar Team, trials sensation Danny MacAskill and downhill siblings the Athertons of Atherton Racing.
Key Purpose of Job:
Reporting to the Product Manager you will manage selected product categories, key to strategic growth of the brand.
Leading mid and long-term strategy you will create seasonal range plans and form detailed product briefs with clear direction and positioning for the category and the products.
Working closely with Design and Development team and various partners you will oversee the successful development and delivery of new products in line with seasonal critical path timelines.
Playing a key part in internal and external product launches you will work with Marketing and Sales teams presenting new products and assisting in preparing all the required assets for successful sell in and sell through.
As a new role within a fast growing, ambitious brand there is fantastic scope for the right candidate to develop and expand responsibilities and become a key part of this growing team.
· Managing product categories, tracking sales and planning future ranges
· Producing detailed product briefs
· Working closely with design and development team and external partners to drive and deliver new product developments
· Working with graphics and marketing teams to create strong launch materials, on product and in-store messaging.
· Collating and analysing sales reports, identifying trends and patterns
· Gathering, collating, and evaluating internal and external product feedback using various methods including feedback sessions and digital survey tools
· Wide reaching market research and competitor benchmarking across key global territories
· Involved in internal and external product launch planning, preparation and delivery.
· Involvement in planning and delivery of consumer and trade shows, events and launches.
· Reporting to the Product Manager, working closely with Product Development Team, Graphics Team, and Marketing Team.
· Liaising with vendors and representatives from external partner brands
Needs to have
· A genuine passion for all aspects of cycling with the ability to understand and appreciate the varied demands and mind sets of the main rider tribes and the more subtle nuances between rider groups within these tribes and across global territories.
· In-depth knowledge of cycle apparel and accessory brands, products, and technologies across the global market.
· An engineering mindset able to understand the technical function of cycle products and crunch numbers an
· The ability to think innovatively to create new solutions to improve products.
· An obsession with detail, with the patience and drive to form and analyse comprehensive product specifications.
· An Interest and knowledge outdoor and snowsport fashion and technologies would also be advantageous.
· Minimum 4 years’ experience in the cycle, outdoor or similar industry, with involvement in either technical product development, range planning, buying or merchandising.
· Good analytical skills and commercial acumen, able to analyse, identify trends and present strategic actions from detailed sales reports.
· Proven time management skills, being organised, efficient and able to work to tight deadlines.
· Pro-active approach, happy to take on a wide variety of tasks and work effectively with various departments throughout the organisation.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to listen and effectively process large amounts of feedback from various sources.
Needs to be
· Enthusiastic about all aspects of cycle apparel
· Driven, ambitious and keen to take on a challenge
· Organised, efficient, able to work to tight deadlines and multi-task
· Self-motivated and equally comfortable working within a team
· An excellent communicator, both interpersonally and within a group conveying strong brand empathy
· Able to ask questions and seek understanding first
· Push oneself to exceed expectations
· Adaptable and versatile
Measures of success
· Hitting ambitious sales targets for your product categories
· Delivery of market leading, commercially successful products
· Improved on product messaging and in store appearance in your categories
· Delivery of market analysis by product group or rider tribe
· Delivery of sales reports, with key points summarised and strategic action suggestion
To apply send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org