Lyon Equipment Limited is an employee owned company. Our aim is to provide ‘equipment and expertise to venture further’ to the Cycle, Outdoor, Work at Height and Rescue industries.
In the cycle industry we are best known as the U.K. and Ireland distributor for Ortlieb luggage, Salsa bicycles, Bombtrack bicycles, Teravail tyres, Arundel accessories, Hydrapak hydration, Tubus racks and Julbo eyewear. However, our extensive portfolio also includes quality outdoor accessory brands making us a one stop shop for adventure cycling.
Whilst we stock products that cater for every cyclist from commuters to enduro racers, our primary focus is the more adventurous side of cycling, allowing riders to broaden their horizons on two wheels in keeping with our Venture Further strapline.
Due to a change in structure we are seeking to appoint a Cycle Market Manager to develop and manage our cycle business.
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic, organised individual with proven people and process management experience to lead our dynamic cycle team. A strong passion for cycling and knowledge of our products would be advantageous.
The job is perfectly suited to someone from the cycle industry who is capable of developing our cycle sales and marketing strategy, motivating our sales team and managing sales performance, as well as carrying out day to day management functions.
As a department manager at Lyon, the successful candidate will work closely with other departments including, Finance, Purchasing, Logistics and HR.
The job will involve:
· Being the central contact for the Lyon’s Cycle division, both within Lyon and externally
· Developing a rolling 5 year sales and marketing strategy for the sector and to communicate this with Lyon staff, suppliers and customers as appropriate
· Working closely with all parts of the company to ensure the department’s commercial goals are met, both in terms of growth and profitability
· Reporting on the division’s growth and profitability as well as barriers to sales at regular Management meetings and Director meetings where appropriate
· Line managing the Cycle Team
· Brand management of a selection of Lyon Cycle’s portfolio, including Ortlieb
o Participation at overseas supplier meetings where required
o Working with suppliers to construct a sales and marketing strategy for each brand within the UK and Irish market
o Providing specific market feedback to brands where appropriate
o Guiding the Purchasing Department with ranging decisions, forecasts and price pointing
o Coordinating product launches across sales and marketing channels
o Overseeing marketing campaigns across print and digital platforms to ensure that products and services meet customers’ expectations and to build the credibility of brands
o Provision of training and support to Lyon staff and customers as appropriate
o Managing sample requirements, allocations, trade show and show room displays
o Managing the clearance of end of line product in a timely and profit conscious manner
o Remaining up to date with competitor products
· Overseeing Aftersales support and to work with the Aftersales team to maintain a high level of consumer brand satisfaction
· Meeting with key customers and supporting the Sales Admin team where appropriate
· Overseeing the organisation of events such as house shows, trade shows and consumer shows
· Attendance of shows and events where appropriate
· Networking within the industry to remain aware of industry developments and to create awareness of Lyon Cycle
The person we seek will meet the following criteria:
· Have a genuine passion for cycling and a good understanding of how our products fit into the various market segments.
· Be self-motivated, able to work autonomously and as part of a team
· Have a proven track record of sales management within the cycle industry
· Have a confident and outgoing manner with excellent interpersonal skills
· Have excellent coaching skills and have the ability to observe, evaluate and give meaningful feedback
· Have strategic planning abilities
· Have excellent negotiation skills
· Be able communicate information efficiently and accurately to the right people, at the right time, using the right medium
· Be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills
· Be organised, articulate, numerate and computer literate
· Be a confident user of social media, e.g. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, in order to increase the reach of our brands and events
· Hold a current full car driving licence (preferably clean) and a current passport
· Have a successful history of managing teams
· Have the confidence to work remotely
The successful candidate will be provided with the following:
· A company vehicle
· Staff bicycle
Hours of work:
This is a full time position which on average equates to 37.5 hours a week. We would expect the majority of work to be carried out between Monday and Friday, however this position will require regular overnight stays and some weekend working. This position can be based from Tebay or home, albeit with regular days working from the office.
The benefits include:
• Commencing salary likely to be in the region of £35,000 - £40,000
• 30 days holiday entitlement per annum (pro rata) including public holidays with loyalty increments
• Generous staff discount (for personal use only) on the products we supply
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Free use of Company loan kit when available
• Inclusion into our qualifying pension scheme after three months of service
Upon successful completion of a six month probationary period:
• The successful candidate will be invited to join our healthcare scheme
Please download an application pack from our website www.lyon.co.uk and return completed forms (and accompanying C.V. if you wish) by email or post to Debra Robinson, HR Manager: