This is a varied and flexible role for an enthusiastic and energetic individual. This is essentially a communication and education role to empower employees, customers and end users with the relevant level of information on the company’s products to help maximize sales.
The candidate requires a strong understanding of the features and benefits of all bikes in their respective categories – plus requires adequate technical skills of bikes in general, including suspension set up to effectively manage demo events.
This role requires strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal, and a passion for helping people learn more about the company’s products both in large groups and on a one on one basis.
The delivery of the training and demos will be in a variety of locations including in-store, in the field and at the company’s various facilities both in the UK and abroad.
The candidate will be part of the CSG UK Marketing Team, reporting to the Marketing Manager and working with PR, creative and product staff.
Weekend and evenings are not uncommon in a training and demo capacity, so this post requires a flexible approach to the working week and may include International travel.
This role is based in Poole, Dorset, with a fair amount of time working remotely including working consecutive weekends in the spring demo season.
MAIN ROLES AND RESPONSIBILTIES INCLUDE
– but not limited to, and in no particular order:
- Building a calendar of fully branded demo day direct-marketing events – alongside our bike dealers and/or bike venues/facilities or on a stand-alone basis.
• Managing and helping maintain the CSG UK marketing / demo fleet of bikes.
• Being proactive and creative with our demo fleet to ensure maximum exposure to all potential customers – including end-users, dealers.
• Sending out demo bikes (with set-up help from workshop) to dealers, press and riders as required.
• Co-coordinating and delivering training programs to ensure brand and product awareness and features and benefits of our product portfolio to our dealers and employees either in-store or during organized seminars at CSG facilities to large groups or on a one on one basis.
• Helping coordinate CSG events – including press launches, exhibitions, trade shows, demo days etc.
Able to travel with full UK driving licence and passport.
Sales / Marketing background in the cycling industry preferred
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Extensive cycle product knowledge across road/mountain and urban, a high level of enthusiasm is essential.
Competent in word, excel and has social media understanding
Event coordination / management skills
Excellent team player
Please send your covering letter with CV addressed to Alison Jenkins.