We are looking to recruit a full time sales assistant to support our busy Winchester store to encourage and inspire our customers to ride more. This is a challenging role. Day to day, you will be sharing your passion for cycling whilst advising our customers on the products and services they need. You will also be responsible for undertaking sales transactions and ensuring our store looks presentable at all times.
Location: Winchester Trade Park, Easton Lane, Winchester, SO23 7FA
Working Hours: 40 hours working alternate weekends with a day off during the week.
Salary: Competitive - Depending on experience
Enjoy our benefits
- Trade price staff purchase scheme on products including bikes, parts, accessories and clothing
- Free cycling kit
- Pension contribution scheme
- Company bonus
- Cycle to work scheme
- 28 day holiday including Bank Holidays
As a sales assistant your main role is to provide excellent levels of customer service at all times. You will need to actively pursue all sales opportunities and ensure that customers are advised on suitable products for their individual needs. As part of the store sales team you will be required to maintain a smart, tidy, safe and well-merchandised working environment. You may be required to handle special orders, warranty returns, booking in jobs and dealing with customer issues. At times, you may be asked to help unload stock transfers.
You’ll need to have the following skills
- Have a solid understanding of cycling and the products available on the market
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and working colleagues
- Be able to work as part of a dynamic sales team
- Have the drive to achieve and the self motivation to maintain the highest of standards
- Ensure a smart appearance and ensure a helpful, approachable attitude is maintained at all times
- Have a basic computer literacy
- During extreme times you may be required to complete tasks outside of your normal duties/responsibilities or working hours
How to apply
Please apply by sending a copy of your CV and covering letter addressed to the Careers department.