Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in the cycle sports industry?
Madison Clothing are looking for a Garment Technologist to join their team in Milton Keynes.
We are looking for a Garment Technologist to work across outdoor apparel and accessories, covering multiple product categories including taped waterproof jackets, walking trousers, and active jersey tops.
Who are we looking for?
To fulfil this exciting role you will possess excellent knowledge of garment construction, which you will have gained within a similar role, ideally within the outdoor or sportswear industries. You will have worked with Far East suppliers on a regular basis and have an educated understanding of product development challenges when dealing with a remote supplier. You will have good knowledge and awareness of UK/European fabric testing standards and requirements.
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Garment Technologist, you will provide technical support with issues and queries relating to garments, product development and fabrics and all associated administration.
Main duties of the role consist of:
- Set up workbooks for selected garments in the range, compile BOMSs and graded size charts and issue these to the manufacturer
- Measure samples and work with the design team to fit and review the product
- Work with the design team to highlight issues which may impact quality or suitability for production and provide suggestions to resolve
- Compile fit/review notes for protos and sealers and issue to manufacturer
- Keep existing workbooks updated with changes and ensure the manufacturer is informed of changes
- Manage development critical path: send workbooks, chase samples, chase fabric/trim submission.
- Approve fabric test reports and wearer trials on all new fabrics to ensure suitability for end use
- Approve quality and colour of all trims and components prior to production
- Manage administration of swing tickets in conjunction with the marketing team
Important – please read before you apply:
The team travels together and individually, as required, to our suppliers in the Far East. We also travel to trade shows across Europe. This role does require some travel each year. Please do not apply if you are unable to travel abroad.
What’s in it for you?
- Generous staff discount scheme
- Contributions to a Pension scheme
- Life cover
- Access to child care vouchers
To apply please forward CV's and covering letter stating salary expectation to Pete Newton via the apply button below.
Please note due to the high volume of response we usually receive for our vacancies we will only contact you if you are selected for interview. CLOSING DATE: 30th June 2017