We are hiring a GERMAN SALES MANAGER for the German Cycling Market
PASSION, INNOVATION, GLOBALIZATION
Polisport offers a brand of plastic products for two-wheeled vehicles. Spread through 70 markets worldwide, Polisport works in both the bicycle and motorcycle markets. At Polisport we are deeply committed to delivering high-quality cycle and motorcycle products.
In the bicycle market, Polisport is the leading European producer of baby seats, setting standards for the industry. Our product range also includes mudguards, water bottles, helmets and various other accessories. Polisport is an OEM supplier in this market too.
Our main products for the motorcycle market are replica plastic parts for off-road motorbikes (Enduro, Motocross and Supermoto). The range also includes headlights, handguards, body protectors and other accessories. In addition, the company is an OEM supplier to the main European motorcycle brands.
The primary responsibility of the Sales Manager is to develop and strengthen partnerships with current and new retailers. The Manager for this area will maximize Polisport´s market share. He will build strong, long-term relationships with our retailers and ensure that our product representation in the area is consistent with our standards.
The ideal candidate will be based in the territory and possess sales and business development experience and have excellent communication and computer skills.
- Maximize sales of Polisport Cycling products
- Establish objectives and monitor the performance of Polisport retailers.
- Be a Business Consultant to Polisport retailers. Make recommendations to retailers with regard to Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Assist Polisport retailers with forecasting, ordering, logistics and all aspects of the sales process.
- Conduct market research to understand the competitive environment and identify underperforming markets.
- Provide product and sales training to Polisport retailers in the territory.
- Provide excellent customer service. Build strong relationships with Polisport retailers.
- Be an ambassador for the Polisport brand.
- Residence in Germany
- Degree in International Commerce (preferential)
- Fluent in German and English (mandatory); Portuguese (desirable)
- Availability to travel throughout Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- Availability to travel to Polisport – Portugal (1st year - monthly, 2nd year each 2 months)
- Availability to participate in the related bicycle trade shows and other trade shows organized by our retailers.
- Age between 35 and 45 years (desirable)
- Able to work independently from Home Office
- 2+ year’s sales experience, preferably in cycling industry.
- Must be able to travel as required throughout assigned territory. Clean driving licence.
- Must be personable and be able to build long lasting business relationships.
- Organisational skills. Competent Microsoft Office user in Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Presentation skills. Must be able to present to small groups in an enthusiastic and engaging manner.
- Interest in cycling.
- A working knowledge of EPOS systems used in bicycle retail.
- An understanding of statutory accounting processes, profit & loss and balance sheets.
- An understanding of cycle retail business metrics, retail turnover, profit margins & expense ratios.
- An in depth knowledge of the bicycle retailers in the territory.
To apply for the above vacancy, please attach your full CV along with a covering letter, detailing why you believe you are the right person for the role via the apply button below.