Job Title: Head of Marketing
Extra UK the dedicated bicycle parts and accessories distributor based in Wellingborough Northants is seeking to recruit a new post of full time Head of Marketing reporting to the Managing Director. With a range of exclusive leading brands including Topeak , Maxxis, Brooks, Fizik, Time, Clif, Pirelli and Crank Brothers this individual will be responsible for the day to day management of the marketing department together with developing and managing the portfolio of brands to achieve agreed strategic, tactical and budgeted objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the day to day operations of the marketing department.
- Developing strategic brand plans and supporting tactics to deliver on the brand principal’s objectives whilst delivering profitable market growth within planned budgets.
- Communicating brand plans both internally and externally reporting on achievement of objectives.
- Maintaining positive and productive relationships with brand principals.
- Proactively exploring and identifying consumer insights, market opportunities and trends.
- To assist pricing effectiveness in relation to benchmark competitive brands and desired market position.
- Implementation of promotions measuring effectiveness with pre and post campaign analysis.
- To gain strong trade insight and understanding.
- To participate in the budgeting process and manage activities within budget.
- Conduct regular ongoing analysis of brand performance relative to the brand plan ensuring effective communication to key business stakeholders and management team.
- Develop and implement brand training for internal and external personnel.
- Design and production of all marketing materials.
- Merchandise display development.
- Managing public relations and sponsorship relationships.
- Exhibition and trade roadshow development.
- To develop new business opportunities for development.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a senior marketing or brand management role.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business/marketing preferred) CIM/IDM marketing qualification is preferable.
- Excellent listening, negotiation, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to convert technical capabilities into clear, concise and compelling benefits.
- A creative thinker.
- Analytical with excellent computer skills.
- A keen interest in all things cycling related.
- Both self- motivated and team player
A Competitive salary and benefits package is available to the right candidate.
As this role is office based you will need to live within commuting distance of Wellingborough.
To apply please email a current curriculum vitae together with a covering letter of application quoting MKTG02.
Failure to include the reference could lead to a delay in your application. Successful applicants will be contacted by the 30th of September 2017 with further details.