This is a very rare and prestigious opportunity for any bike industry professional. As Head of Product
Development for Forme Bikes you will be accountable for leading the product design, sourcing and
purchasing of our full product line-up with the support of additional product administrator’s.
Forme bikes offer the largest range of bicycles from any British bicycle brand sold by over 300 specialist
retailers in the UK, covering all categories from balance bike to full suspension electric bicycles.
Learn more about us here: https://formebikes.co.uk/
Forme is owned by one of the UK’s largest bicycle & accessory Distributors – Moore Large & Co Ltd.
Principle Accountabilities / Responsibilities / Scope
· Extensive market research.
· Work collaboratively with the Forme Brand Manager, Designer and Product Exec Team to
deliver end-to-end management of the full product line up, from concept to prototype and final
· Maintain a constant awareness of brand position in all product placement.
· Create and maintain full BOM’s for all models.
· Project manage and coordinate all suppliers to deliver product on time and in line with the new
product critical pathway.
· Work closely with our technical, customer service and ebike service centre Managers to
guarantee the highest level of product quality and service standards.
· Manage stock efficiently and collaborate with the board to forecast accurately and in line with
the brands vision and continued expansion plans- both in the UK and Internationally.
· Develop and manage a consistent funnel of new development ideas.
Key Experience / Knowledge / Skills
Commercially rounded & meticulous planner.
Excellent technical, ergonomic and persona knowledge with an ability to innovate.
Closely connected to all competitor product with exceptional understanding of retailer wants and needs.
Exceptional attention to detail. (BOM's, Drawings, Specs, Cost Calcs, Order detail)
Demonstrate a strong understanding of stock turnover and value to prioritize effort and
production timing accordingly.
Extensive experience in product sourcing across the globe.
Mechanically minded with an ability to learn about new e-bike technology, working closely with our new ebike service centre and service teams.
Project management expertise with an ability to coordinate and lead all suppliers within the supply chain.
Proven negotiation skills.
Action & accountability driven
Good understanding of procurement related calculations.
Willing to travel internationally when required.
Highly due diligent
Exceptionally driven, self-starter willing to go the extra mile to complete tasks before a
ü Passionate about bicycles and cycling across all disciplines
Preferable – 2D & 3D CAD software experience.
Preferable – MTB suspension design experience.
· Excellent communication & team skills
· Good organisational skills
· Flexible ability to adapt to market and business needs
· High level of attention to detail
· Competent experience of the Microsoft software suite. (Excel, Word, PP and preferably Planner)