MECHANICS – MAIL ORDER BICYCLE BUILD AND PACKING – FULL TIME
LOOKING FOR A NEW OPPORTUNITY? THEN LOOK NO FURTHER THAN A COMPANY THAT IS GOING PLACES.
WHEELBASE is the UK’s largest cycle store and we have been at the forefront of the industry for the last 25 years. We live and breathe bikes and have built up our business in the Lake District National Park with some of the UK’s best mountain and road rides right outside our HQ. We opened our second store WHEELBASE North East in 2016 and our third store WHEELBASE Yorkshire in 2018. We have ambitious plans for further expansion of our retail and ecommerce divisions.
Our ecommerce division has seen significant growth over the past year; we pride ourselves on offering a premium shopping experience to our mail order customers through excellent customer service via our website, telephone and email.
We are currently looking for bicycle mechanics to join our growing Mail Order bicycle packing teams located at our Lake District store in Staveley and Yorkshire Store in Ilkley. Our bikes are fully built, tuned and expertly packed before being shipped to anywhere in the UK. As part of our expansion, we are now looking for bike mechanics to join our busy mail order team.
LOCATIONS: WHEELBASE Lake District LA8 9LR and WHEELBASE Yorkshire LS29 9EW
ABOUT THE JOB:
· We build, tune, pack and ship a wide range of premium bikes including mountain, road, electric bikes and children’s bikes.
· We cover all genres of bike and every working day is different; you may be building aero road bikes with internal cables and disc brakes, full suspension mountain bikes and commuter e-bikes all in the same day.
· Each bike will be expertly built to an excellent standard and tuned to be ready to ride straight out of the box.
· Each bike is packed in a consistent manner which meets our quality control standards to be ready for shipping.
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
· Build, tune, pack and ship a pre-determined number of bikes on a daily basis.
· Have a great eye for detail and strive to meet our high quality control standards.
· You will be required to move quickly and efficiently from one job to another to hit our daily shipping deadlines with our chosen couriers.
· Work confidently within a small team, supporting colleagues to reach your collective daily targets.
· Have a good level of mechanical experience working with the latest mountain, road, and electric bikes.
· Remain up to date with the latest cycling technologies including electric bikes, electronic shifting and the latest suspension systems.
· Be able to work independently and efficiently to meet daily deadlines.
· Be able to communicate confidently within a small team to get the job done.
· Be organised, tidy and efficient; maintaining your own work space and tools.
SALARY: We offer a competitive salary based on ability and experience.
PLEASE SEND YOUR C.V. AND COVER LETTER TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Friday 2nd April 202