Purpose Statement/Main Role
A career stepladder opportunity for any aspiring bike industry professional. As a Product Development Executive for Forme Bikes you will have a keen eye for detail and will be accountable for supporting the product design, sourcing and purchasing of our full product line-up, reporting to the Head Of Product Development.
Forme bikes offer the largest range of bicycles from any British bicycle brand sold by over 300 specialist retailers in the UK, covering all categories from balance bike to full suspension electric bicycles.
Learn more about us here: https://formebikes.co.uk/
Forme is owned by one of the UK’s largest bicycle & accessory Distributors – Moore Large & Co Ltd.
Principle Accountabilities / Responsibilities / Scope
· Extensive market research.
· Work collaboratively with the Forme Head Of Product, Brand Manager and Designer to support all brand and product development.
· Create and maintain full consumer facing technical specifications and support with all technical copywriting requirements.
· Create and maintain SKU codes, analysis levels, order documents and price lists with consistent accuracy.
· Provide technical support to the Customer Service & Sales Teams.
· Provide support at all Forme/Moore Large exhibitions.
· Maintain showroom, demo and exhibition display stock.
· Ensure all factories receive prompt responses to questions and delivery
Key Experience / Knowledge / Skills
Meticulous attention to detail. ü Flexible, solution-finding mind set when approached with a constantly moving and evolving supply chain.
Good technical, ergonomic and persona knowledge with bicycle retail experience.
Closely connected to most bicycle genres with a good understanding of retailer wants and needs.
Action & accountability driven
Good understanding of procurement related calculations.
Highly due diligent
Exceptionally driven, self-starter willing to go the extra mile to complete tasks before a deadline.
Passionate about bicycles and cycling across all disciplines
· Bicycle distribution or bicycle retail experience
· Excellent communication skills
· Good organisational skills
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Flexible Ability to adapt to market and business needs
· High level of attention to detail
· Competent experience of the Microsoft software suite. (Excel, Word, PP and preferably Planner)
· High grade achiever at GCSE level English language and maths.