Ison Distribution is one of the UK's leading specialist distributors in the cycle industry.
Ison Distribution was established 25 years ago and is predominantly staffed and run by cycling enthusiasts. We primarily supply UK bicycle shops with our extensive range of 11,000+ part numbers from World class brands. Our customers are our business, and we pride ourselves on the service we offer to them.
We are currently looking for a Sales and Customer Service representative to join our friendly team. The role is based at our head office in Ely, CB6, and is a full-time role (although part time options may be considered for the right candidate).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Servicing our customers, as first point of contact when they contact Ison via telephone or email Ison.
- Process B2B batch orders.
- Process customer orders, taken on the telephone, onto our main computer system, whilst offering best deals available and promote further sales as applicable.
- Process customer payments.
- Refer to our ‘What’s new/back in stock/special offer sheets’ for telephone sales.
- Run backorder reports and contact customers with details when items are ‘back in stock’.
- Work with the Sales Manager to develop all types of sales.
- Meet sales objectives as agreed with the Sales Manager. This may involve new stock promotion or sales activities to clear stock when necessary.
- Build effective relationships with dealers by maintaining regular contact, updating them with details on new product, product availability and resolving any issues.
- Liaise with the warehouse team when necessary to facilitate accuracy on any customer order changes / queries when necessary.
- Assist with all aspects of sales office administration, including our computer system, CRM system, notification of website updates etc., and anything that facilitates general office efficiency.
- Be able to attend trade shows as and when necessary.
- A good working knowledge of bikes, bike parts and associated products.
- An understanding of the UK bike industry.
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Ability to clearly communicate for sales and service via telephone and email.
- Ability to learn computer stock and CRM systems.
- Establish effective relationships with dealers and ‘up sell’ with confidence
- Work methodically and accurately when processing customer orders and dealing with customer queries.
- Work well on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Be flexible to meet deadlines.
- Remain calm when under pressure.
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Be available to attend trade shows both in UK and in Europe and further afield, which may involve late working, overnight stays and weekend working.
- Undertake manual handling to load / unload vans.
Salary: Competitive depending on experience.
Office Hours: 8-5:30 Monday -Friday
Annual leave: 28 days inc. Bank holidays.
In the first instance please send your C.V. and covering letter addressed to Natalie Goodrich.