Rutland Cycling are currently looking for a bike passionate, enthusiastic Senior Technician at Rutland's Normanton cycling store.
Rutland Cycling is one of the UK's leading independent cycle retailers. We are much more than your average retailer, and our people play a key role in making our company stand out from the crowd. We are incredibly proud of our team, who deliver excellent service to our customers every day.
As a Senior Technician you will manage the well-equipped in-store workshop. Leading a team of technicians, you will grow our workshop business, providing industry-leading quality and service to our large customer base. The Senior Technician will have a passion for both quality and sales in all sectors of cycling (MTB to Road including e-Bikes) and must relish working in a busy and demanding environment, as well as being able to take our customer service to an even higher level.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Day-to-day management of the workshop, efficiently scheduling the workload that comes from all aspects of our sales, hire and service business
• Responsibility for the quality of all work undertaken in the workshop, with an emphasis on exceptionally high customer service
• Team leadership of the workshop team
• Responsibility for the customer service provided by our workshop, engaging with a wide variety of customers in a friendly, easy and professional manner
• Responsibility for the sales performance of parts related to the workshop, selling a range that includes high-end, modern product for road and mountain bikes
Skills & qualifications required:
• Experience in cycling or a related industry
• A broad knowledge of cycle or allied mechanical repairs with the ability to quickly diagnose a variety of mechanical problems and fault
• Excellent leadership skills to be able to proactively manage a busy workshop team
• Strong customer care skills, leading by example, in selling associated parts and accessories
• Excellent attention to detail coupled with the ability to work quickly
• Must be flexible and adaptable, willing to adopt new procedures to increase efficiency, forward thinking to learn new technologies and be aware of product compatibility.
In return, as well as a competitive salary and bonus, our benefits package includes 28 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays), pension scheme, generous discounts on all our products and much more.
So, if all the above is what you are looking for in your next role and it is time for you to move up a gear then apply now for this exciting opportunity at Rutland Cycling!