Department Warehouse Operations Line Manager Wheel Builder Team Leader Location Citadel, Wolverhampton Hours / Basis 40 Hours per week/ Permanent
The successful candidate will be responsible for wheel building in line with customer specification and expected WiggleCRC quality standards.
- 7800 custom wheels built annually
- 15% year on year growth in bike sales
- Reporting to the Workshop Manager/Team Leader
- To be part of a team of 5 wheelbuilders
A Wheel Builder has the accountability of ensuring all customer custom wheel builds are built to Cy Tec, British Standards, manufacturer specifications and WiggleCRC high standards to ensure the customer receives the best product possible whilst ensuring productivity targets are adhered to.
- Wheel building (assembly of hub, spokes and rim)
- Install and adjust all components to the manufacturers required specifications
- Fairly assessing repairs/warrantable stock items
- Order signoff and Wheel packing
- Assist in other areas of the Operations Department when required.
- Ensure workshop tools are used correctly and maintained
- Ensure compliance with all Health and Safety legislation
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Aim to build 10-16 wheels per day depending on spec
- Quality issues to be reported when discovered.
- Inventory checks to be completed as and when required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a workshop environment focusing on wheel building
- Cytech level 3 or equivalent recognised qualification in bike mechanics
- Demonstrate experience of working in a fast paced workshop environment as part of a professional team
- Bike product knowledge essential
- Communication skills
- Ability to multi skill
- Strong attention to detail with a strive for excellence in delivery
- Commercially driven with an appetite to drive a business unit
- Ability to manage and coordinate changing priorities, understand ‘what good looks like’, and capable of multi tasking
- Ability to be flexible with work duties and hours as required by the team and business, and able to attend other sites for which travel may be required
To apply please send a CV and cover letter via the apply now button below.