We are looking for an enthusiastic and bike-passionate person to manage our workshop and team of 8 mechanics in Bruntsfield, Edinburgh. Management experience is preferred, but this could be the ideal opportunity for an experienced mechanic looking to progress.
· Working with the Branch Manager and Deputy Manager to support the efficient and effective running of the workshop;
· Managing the team of mechanics and ensuring the smooth running of the workshop to achieve targets;
· Setting high standards of customer service, including complaint resolution if required;
· Running and monitoring administrative systems and processes;
· Acting as duty manager, if required.
It is essential that you:
1. Have bicycle mechanic experience (ideally everything from road to bmx). A Cytech (or equivalent) qualification would help but is not essential.
2. Are able to demonstrate strong leadership and communication. Management experience is preferable, but we will consider experienced mechanics who are looking for progression.
3. Are able to organise work schedules to achieve workshop targets and deliver excellent customer service.
4. Are an effective time-manager and a pragmatic problem solver.
5. Are used to working to tight deadlines.
6. Must place great emphasis on service quality and productivity, whilst paying attention to detail and ‘completing / finishing’.
We offer competitive rates of pay as well as a generous holiday allowance, and an excellent staff discount scheme.
To apply, email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date is 27 May 202