BERGAMONT/SCOTT is voluntarily issuing a worldwide recall on BERGAMONT BELAMI LITE 2011 and BERGAMONT MONOLITE 2010 bicycles after finding that the frame can break, creating a possible fall hazard.
According to the brand, load peaks can occur when used as intended which can lead to a fracturing of the frame in the area of the welded joint between the large-volume central down tube and the narrow connecting tube, which is welded in between the head tube and down tube. This failure may cause the rider to immediately lose control over the bicycle, resulting in a potential severe injury.
The recall affects the following models:
– Belami Lite N8 Suspension 28″ shiny white 2011
– Belami Lite N8 Suspension 28″ matt black 2011
– Belami Lite N8 Rigid 28″ shiny grey-red 2011
– Belami Lite N8 Suspension 26″ shiny white 2011
– Belami Lite N8 Suspension 26″ matt black 2011
– Belami Lite N7 28″ matt black 2011
– Belami Lite N7 26″ shiny brown-cream white 2011
– Belami Lite N7 26″ matt black 2011
– Belami Lite N7 28″ shiny brown-cream white 2011
– Belami Lite N8 Rigid 28″ matt black 2011
– Alu Monolite N-7 26″ shiny white-dark silver 2010
– Alu Monolite N-7 28″ shiny white-dark silver 2010
– Alu Monolite N-8 Rigid 28″ matt black 2010
– Alu Monolite N-8 Rigid 28″ shiny white 2010
– Alu Monolite N-8 Suspension 28″ matt black 2010
– Alu Monolite N-8 Suspension 28″ shiny white 2010
Bergamont models not mentioned above are not concerned by this recall. There are more details of the affected bikes here.
Affected customers are requested to
a) immediately stop using the above listed bicycle and
b) bring the bike to an official BERGAMONT/SCOTT dealer to have the affected bicycle replaced.
The replacement of the bike will be FOC. There’s further info in the section “safety and recalls” on the BERGAMONT website www.bergamont.com, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our service hotline +41 264 601 19 00.
BERGAMONT and SCOTT apologised for the inconvenience.