Cities are now welcomed to bid for the 2020 installment of the ECF-organised Velo-City cycling conference – an annual meet of experts, representatives of associations, institutions, policy-makers and social agents, universities and companies.
Designed to offer a platform for best practice knowledge sharing prior conferences have helped deliver creative solutions to growing cycling’s modal share, from innovation, behavior-change programs, broad alliances- and any proposal that answers the question: What makes people adopt cycling in their everyday life?
The next host cities of the biggest global cycling summit should:
- Aim to be a global leader in sustainable mobility. We are not only interested in existing cycling conditions; we are looking for the vision and the commitment to improve cycling for everyone.
- Share best practices with the international cycling community and raise awareness to their own citizens.
- Aspire to build a long-term strategy for cycling. All former Velo-city host cities see a real increase in cycling figures.
What does the city gain?
- Global visibility as a sustainable development leader.
- Economic boost by the participation of the international cycling community.
- Citizen engagement in cycling through sessions and events.