CyclingIndustry.News’ third annual Independent Retail Study is now available to purchase in full.
Our 43-page assessment of the market draws on feedback from over 200 UK independent bike shops who voiced their opinions on where they see the direction of our market going on a number of fronts.
Included within you’ll find information on:
- Where businesses will invest and cut back across stock and services in 2020 and beyond
- What makes bike retailers more or less likely to carry a product
- The average sales prices of a plethora of bikes and e-Bikes
- Which brands are the market’s top sellers across bikes, clothing, accessories, tyres and more
- Where shops feel marketing budget should be spent
- What shops would like suppliers to improve upon
- The terms and margin requirements for successful trading relationships
- What events stores attend most
That’s just a fraction of the detail within, with our Independent Retail study also reflecting on broader issue on how the industry as a whole should invest so that all ships rise together.
CyclingIndustry.News Editor and author of the study Mark Sutton said of the findings: “Our annual study of the retail market is among the most valuable pieces of content we produce here at CI.N, as not only does it inform our editorial, but it places in the hands of those forecasting for the year ahead a detailed picture of where to make investments and where to play it cautious. There are more surprises in the data than I had expected, so it’s certainly content that should prove useful to those crystal balling the future of our marketplace.
“I would also like to take the opportunity to once again thank those who participated in our Independent Retail Study. Without your help CI.N would struggle to the deliver trusted content that has quickly seen our title become a go to source for the global bike industry. I would also like to thank our sponsors – Raleigh, MET, Continental and Moustache Bikes – for their support of our work.”
The report is organised into easy to digest graphs that provide an at a glance understanding. To enquire about purchasing a licence to download the study in full, email the editor here with the subject line ‘Market Study’.