Insurance company, Direct Line, has announced that it will now be offering cycling insurance, in a bid to provide comprehensive cover to riders wanting to insure themselves, their bicycles and their cycling kit.
Direct Line’s specialist Cycling Insurance allows riders to be insured for;
- Theft, accidental or malicious damage to your bicycle (including e-bikes) and cycle accessories
- Reimbursement for travel or cycle hire if you have an accident and need to get home and while you wait for your claim to be resolved
- Public liability cover while riding a bicycle
- Personal injury and Emergency medical cover, including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
- Taking your bike abroad, including bike box protection
- Participation in a cycling race, sportive or organised event. If you can’t take part in an event due to a cycling injury, we’ll cover your entry fee
Paul Stevenson, Product Manager, at Direct Line said: “With the increased popularity of cycling in the UK over the last 12-months+ since the pandemic hit, we have used our expertise and industry knowledge as one of the UK’s leading insurers to bring to market a specialist insurance product that is specifically tailored towards cyclists, their bicycle(including e-bikes) and their cycling kit.
“The policy can also cover insurance for third party costs as well as the cyclist themselves; so giving our customers the protection and peace of mind they need when taking to their bicycle.”
For more information, visit the Direct Line website.