Cycling Industry News has today added a new page specifically for electric vehicle news, which will cover all things micromobility, electric scooter and electric bike. The tab is now found on our homepage under EV News, as highlighted in blue.
The new electric vehicle news section comes as market trends continue to emerge from which bicycle retailers can take advantage. Increasingly the skillsets found within our trade’s workshops are well-suited to service work and sales on vehicles such as electric scooters and the many varieties of electric cargo vehicle now beginning to become more commonplace in our cities.
The addition comes alongside the release of our latest Trade Journal which is now readable online.
This issue comes packed with the usual mix of market data, a deep analysis of the momentum behind the cargo bike movement and profiles with some exciting innovators in the biz. Those in the UK bike business wishing to receive a print copy are still entitled to apply for a free subscription here.
Within you’ll find:
- A frontline retailer’s assessment on whether the Cycle to Work scheme is still working efficiently and profitably for independent bike shops.
- The latest snippet of Cycling Industry News’ own Retail Channel Study, which remains available to purchase in full here.
- A broader interview than our earlier article detailing Brompton’s Covid-19 supply changes with Chief Commercial Officer Stephen Loftus.
- A back to back analysis from experts Andrew Brown and Richard Armitage of the cargo bike market and its true potential in the UK.
- The first instalment in our collaboration with Angus King’s Cycling Insight, whose consumer research details consumer’s buying habits and how they shifted during lockdown.
- Alongside SeeSense co-founder Irene McAleese we explore the topic of city planning to stimulate cycling’s growth in a particular locality.
- Having initially said that the expansion of Pure Electric will not be contained within only the UK, founder Adam Norris speaks exclusively with CI.N, explaining that his intentions are not solely motivated by financial gain, rather than bringing about a culture change in personal and green mobility.
- Next up, we invite a panel of four transport experts to share their thoughts on how data collection will hand the bike and scooter industries the best shot at future growth. Sam Li, Transport for Greater Manchester; Laurent Guennoc, Eco-counter; Mark Hodgson, Co-Bikes and Sridhar Raman of Oxfordshire County Council all share their thoughts.
- Can the bike industry truly do sustainability? Matthijs Gerrits and Erik Bronsvoort, the authors of a new book on supply chain management and product that can be built to last believe we’re well positioned to do just that with a few big changes.
- Overleaf you’ll find an analysis of the kids’ bike market and how some retailers are once again doing decent trade with some brands that have strived to build in quality.
- The magazine is rounded out by a profile of new Upgrade Bikes addition Thomson, a profile with bike shop owner turned bike fitter to the pros Stephen Roche and our regular ‘Ask the Boss’ feature with Russell Merry of CSG.
Don’t forget, if you’re tracking the electric vehicle market, bookmark our new page as shown in blue below: