Knog is once again set for Kickstarter, this time with an all in one wilderness solution dubbed PWR.
The gear announced today brings together the bike lights, a portable Bluetooth speaker, a headtorch and camping lantern all using the same “pwr bank” as their battery source.
Hugo Davidson is Knog’s CEO: “It’s such an obvious idea really – you don’t use all these products at the same time, so why not save on batteries. If you do use these all at the same time, then you can have as many batteries as you like, giving you longer run-time. It’s win-win.”
Beyond just powering the add on kit, the battery works as a power bank itself with a USB charging port fitting for phones, action cameras, or cycle computers.
The run down of each product’s features are as follows:
- pwr 300 bike light can convert into a headtorch with only the purchase of a headstrap (the lighthead and battery come apart and affix to the strap)
- pwr 800 bike light has an elliptical beam in full power, and has a low-light mode where the ring of the lighthead glows, similar to modern cars
- slide-on side-mounts allow it to mount in a central position, over or under bars
- pwr lantern is compact, super-bright, and includes a handtorch mode
- pwr speaker is compact, water resistant, loud and Bluetooth but would not look out of place in the living room, unlike most “outdoor” speakers.
- pwr headtorch is lightweight and has spot and glow modes for your different camping needs.
- pwr bank (i.e. the battery) is 3200mAh so can charge your iPhone 6 once over, and still have enough juice for about 6 hours of playtime on the pwr speaker.
The full range of Knog PWR products will be available from UK distributor Silverfish UK next Spring.