Sales Representative – Southern Cycle Sales Representative
Lyon Equipment Limited is an employee owned company. In the cycle industry we are best known as the U.K. and Irish distributor for Ortlieb luggage, Tubus racks, Bombtrack bicycles and Julbo eyewear. However, our extensive portfolio also includes quality outdoor accessory brands making us a one stop shop for adventure cycling. Our aim is to provide ‘equipment and expertise to venture further’ to our cycle and outdoor markets.
In addition to distribution we manufacture our own Lyon branded products and provide technical training for the work at height and rescue industries.
We provide a friendly, contemporary and dynamic working environment and we value a good work life balance.
Lyon’s cycle market is experiencing continued growth and our portfolio has just undergone an exciting expansion with the addition of Bombtrack Bicycles.
Whilst we stock products that cater for every cyclist from commuters to enduro racers, our primary focus is adventure cycling, whether it be self-supported endurance events, bikepacking, cycle touring or gravel racing.
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and organised individual to further enhance the service we provide to our customers and suppliers within this sector. A strong passion for adventure cycling and knowledge of our products would be advantageous. The job is perfectly suited to someone from a cycle retail background who is equally comfortable meeting face to face with customers as well as carrying out day to day administrative functions.
As a sales representative at Lyon, the successful candidate will work closely with the sales and marketing team to sell and promote our portfolio of brands to both new and existing cycle customers.
The job will involve:
- Working alongside the Cycle Market Manager to meet and exceed agreed turnover and profitability targets
- Building on existing relationships with customers via face to face visits along with regular telephone and email contact
- Actively seeking out and following up on new business opportunities
- Promotion and sales of products at regional, national and international trade shows and events
- Organisation of and involvement in regional road shows
- Providing in-store staff training
- Making your customer appointments and travel plans and updating reps diary
- Keeping up to date with current products and those of our competitors
- Social media activity in line with social media strategy
- Regular liaison with the Cycle Market Manager and sales team regarding customers and their sales performance
- Participation at regular sales meetings at Head Office and occasional supplier visits abroad
- Keeping the office updated with appointments and travel plans
- Spending approximately 80% of time on the road with regular overnights away from home
The person we seek will meet the following criteria:
- Have a genuine passion for cycling and a good understanding of how our products fit into the ‘adventure cycling’ market. A personal interest in cycle touring or bikepacking would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Be self-motivated, able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Have a proven track record of retail sales within the cycle industry
- Reside within the sales territory (map in application pack)
- Have a confident and outgoing manner with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be organised, articulate, numerate and computer literate
- Enjoy learning and development
- Be a confident user of social media, e.g. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, in order to increase the reach of our brands and events
- Hold a current full car driving licence (preferably clean) and a current passport
The successful candidate will be provided with the following:
- Company vehicle and bicycle
- Computer, tablet and home office/stationery essentials
Hours of work:
This is a full time position which on average equates to 37.5 hours a week. We would expect the majority of work to be carried out between Monday and Friday, however this position will require regular overnight stays and some weekend working. This is a home based position.
The benefits include:
- Commencing salary likely to be in the region of £22,000 – £25,000
- 30 days holiday entitlement per annum (pro rata) including public holidays with loyalty increments
- Generous staff discount (for personal use only) on the products we supply
- Inclusion into our qualifying pension scheme after three months of service
Upon successful completion of a six month probationary period:
- The successful candidate will be invited to join our healthcare scheme
- Salary will be reviewed
Lyon is an employee owned company; after the appropriate qualifying period, the successful candidate will be eligible to become a shareholder.
Please download an application pack from our website www.lyon.co.uk.
Completed application forms (and accompanying C.V. if you wish) are to be emailed or posted to Neimh Willey, HR Manager:
Lyon Equipment Limited
Unit 3-7 Tebay Business Park