The European Cyclists’ Federation (ECF) and the Dutch Cycling Embassy(DCE) have announced that the Celebrating Cycling Cities Event will take place virtually on 1 June 2021 and will be broadcast live from Pakhuis de Zwijger, Amsterdam.
The event will feature representatives from European cities and EU institutions who will debate and share best practices for how to shape more cycle-friendly urban mobility systems.
Confirmed speakers of the Celebrating Cycling Cities Event so far include:
- Daniel Mes, Member of Cabinet of European Commission Executive Vice-President Frans Timmermans
- Matthew Baldwin, Deputy Director-General of DG MOVE and Mission Manager of “100 Climate-Neutral Cities by 2030”
- Stientje van Veldhoven, Dutch State Secretary for Infrastructure and Water Management
- Geert Kloppenburg, Host of the Metropolitan Mobility Podcast
- Mario Gualdi and Pascal van den Noorton behalf of the CIVITAS Handshake project
- Political representatives from the cities of Amsterdam (TBC), Bologna, Copenhagen, Bordeaux, Gdańsk, Helsinki, Lisbon, Munich, Paris (TBC) and Valencia
Geert Kloppenburg, said: ‘‘After approximately 100 podcast interviews with experts from around the world, it’s time for me as a researcher to look back at the best practices. I started 2,5 years ago with the idea to just contact people in the cities who are actually implementing changes in the streets at this moment. I have discovered so many great best practices that I would like to share with you.”
The event will be moderated by Lucas Harms, Managing Director of DCE, and Jill Warren, CEO of ECF, with introductions and closing remarks by Henk Swarttouw, President of ECF.
To register for the event, click here.