Moore Large is working with Nottingham-based printer Stirland Paterson to provide retailers with a range of Covid-19 in-store branding designed to give their customers clear instructions on key social distancing, contactless payment and sanitation.
Through this, the distributor aims to ensure its customers have what they need to operate as safely as possible during the crisis.
The in-store branding packs include:
- 1 x A3 poster (we are open bicycle service and repairs)
- 1 x A2 poster (social distancing 2m)
- 2 x A4 posters (1 x wash your hands, 1 x social distancing)
- 4 x 300mm diameter floor vinyl (2m social distancing)
- 1 x A4 strut card (contactless payment)
Customers can order the packs online here.
Many bike shops have continued to operate throughout the lockdown after cycling was deemed a key transport and exercise form by the Government. The likes of the ACT and BA have provided resources and advice for bike shops on how to operate safely during this time, while guidance on contactless payments and free informative webinars have also circulated.