The statement issued this morning reads:
CABDA is carefully monitoring news surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in preparation for our upcoming trade show scheduled for March 11-12, 2020 in Secaucus, New Jersey.
The event is set to take place as planned with as little disruption as possible to programming and product. If the situation changes, we will alert our exhibitors and attendees immediately. We will continue to assess the situation based on information available through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and the New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH) in determining the most effective precautionary measures to take on-site.
While we are learning of show postponements or cancellations in some industry sectors, many US-based events have experienced minimal impact from Coronavirus.
- CABDA East will feature mandatory hand sanitizer stations at the entrance to the venue for all attendees and exhibitors.
- Additional sanitizer stations will be available at registration, throughout the venue, in common areas, and in all restrooms.
- We will perform frequent sanitization of common surfaces like door handles, public spaces, and restroom facilities throughout the show campus.
- Potential attendees that feel ill are advised to forego attending the event and seek medical attention.
- Potential attendees that have recently traveled overseas where outbreaks are far more serious, are advised to skip this year’s event and come and see us next year.
- Lastly, we encourage all event participants to practice healthy habits, including: frequent hand washing, covering your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, and getting a flu vaccine.
Having already concluded two events this year in both Chicago and San Diego, the CADBA calendar will next move on to an industry summit event on November 2nd and 3rd, to be held at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort.
The series of events, which build in a high focus on educational content, have steadily been gaining ground in the USA since Interbike closed its doors a few years ago.